Job Description:Brief Posting Description
We are currently sourcing an Offshore Mechanical Superintendent to join our construction team. This role is responsible for coordinating and directing the field supervision in order to meet the schedules, safety and quality requirements . The successful candidate will ensure engineering queries and scope change procedure is adhered to. At this time, we will only consider applications from Australian citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region in place. Detailed Description
- All work carried out complies with Client/project safety requirements
- Ensure that those discipline job pack priorities are being carried out in line with project schedules
- Ensure that all the required support services are in place to enable work to be completed
- Reports to planning/engineering on progress and performance
- Ensures that the project QA/QC interface with the construction activity is being fulfilled and through the project QA/QC Manager that all inspection, documentation and certification requirements are being met
- Ensures that commissioning personnel requirements are achieved and that sufficient resources are able to execute the planned work
- Awareness of the Industrial Relations climate and that any grievances are routed through the approved procedure
- Conduct onsite toolbox meetings at the beginning of each shift and/or day
- Create a written log of all daily events and complete the workpack checklist report at the end of the job
- Implement JSAs for each critical job undertaken on site and discuss with onsite maintenance personnel prior to commencement of work
- Liaise with client representative and report on job progress
- Ensure all permits are in place prior to commencement of the job
- Assist with the development and the integration of continuous improvement programs
- Ensure that all tools and equipment are fit for the job and are checked and currently certified before issue
- Ensure at the completion of daily work, that the site is safe, clean and secure
- Coordinate resources to complete all activities within the recommended plan, review and adjust plan daily to reflect current progress
- Actively promote quality work practices and regularly check workmanship
- Implement and log all extra agreed work by client and report this work to the Project Engineer
- Complete and correlate timesheets of all personnel
- Trade qualified in Mechanical discipline
- Extensive experience in the fabrication, construction and hookup of oil and gas facilities
- Experience in Senior Supervisory position
The Company embraces diversity in our workforce, ensuring we have a workforce that provides us with a wide range of skills, ideas and energy. Embracing diversity means the Company will acknowledge, understand and appreciate the differences between individuals in developing a workplace that develops, benefits and enhances their value.
Selection for employment, promotion or any other benefit will be made on the basis of merit, ability and suitability. How To Apply
Please quote job reference IRC143260 in all correspondence relating to this position.
To be considered, please follow the prompts within the system - applications via email will not be considered.
If you do not meet the requirements for this position as specified at screening stage, you will receive a notification via email. We would like to thank you for your application and interest in Wood.
Visit Wood at www.woodplc.com and connect with us on LinkedIn and Twitter .